Format of Our Services
We are excited about what God is doing in our church. As we enter into His presence, we are guided by the Holy Spirit to give praise and worship to the Lord. We rejoice in Him as the renewing power of the Spirit flows through us like rivers of living waters, reviving and refreshing us.
Prayer is a key component of our services. When there is a spiritual, emotional or physical need we will lay hands on the individual and anoint them with oil for their healing in accordance with James 5:14-15. We have seen the Lord bring his glorious presence to mend lives, heal hurts, and minister to each need. We believe that Christ ministers to the needs of those who come for prayer through the gifts of the Holy Spirit, and that the primary evidence of the Holy Spirit is love! 1 Corinthians 13 tells us, “though I speak with tongues of men and Angels and have not love it profits me nothing.”
The teaching of God’s Word is a central part of our services, and we endeavor to preach a practical, relevant message. We believe that God reveals Himself through the living Word, and that this living Word should be practiced and applied to everyday life.
We invite you to come and share in our celebration of the risen Christ!
About The Church of God
Souls Harbour Church of God is affiliated with the Church of God with headquarters in Cleveland, Tn. The Church of God is a 132 year old Pentecostal denomination that has grown to more than 7 million members in 178 nations and territories. Some 36,000 congregations serve around the world, while regional and international ministries provide resources and support through the divisions of World Evangelization, Care, Discipleship, Education, and Support Services.
Declaration of Faith:
The Church of God believes the whole Bible to be completely and equally inspired and that it is the written Word of God. The Church of God has adopted the following Declaration of Faith as its standard and official expression of its doctrine.
- In the verbal inspiration of the Bible. In one God eternally existing in three persons; namely, the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
- That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Ghost, and born of the Virgin Mary. That Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead. That He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the Intercessor.
- That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is commanded of God for all and necessary for forgiveness of sins.
- That justification, regeneration, and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
- In sanctification subsequent to the new birth, through faith in the blood of Christ; through the Word, and by the Holy Ghost.
- Holiness to be God’s standard of living for His people.
- In the baptism with the Holy Ghost subsequent to a clean heart.
- In speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and that it is the initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Ghost.
- In water baptism by immersion, and all who repent should be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
- Divine healing is provided for all in the atonement. In the Lord’s Supper and washing of the saints’ feet.
- In the premillennial second coming of Jesus. First, to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the living saints to Him in the air. Second, to reign on the earth a thousand years.
- In the bodily resurrection; eternal life for the righteous, and eternal punishment for the wicked.